Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dating Services - For Mac Users Only

Online dating websites are the new "I met him at the bar" story behind relationships. According to studies, 1 in 6 people meet online and then get married. It seemed almost taboo to me a few years ago when I first heard about online dating. Something about it seemed creepy, invasive and unsafe (I've seen too many Lifetime movies). Although I have never joined, or used, an online dating website, it seems to be the latest and greatest way to meet your future lover.


As a Mac lover, I laughed when I found this website called Cupidtino: an online dating service specifically aimed for Mac users.


As it says on the website:
"Cupidtino is the first ever "Mac-inspired" dating site. It's goal is to bring Apple fans and lovers of beautiful hardware and software design together."




Is this really a dating service? At first I thought the website was a joke, but it is the real deal. Developed by four men in San Francisco, Cupidtino is the revolutionary way to meet somebody. I thought I was the only one who was in love with my Apple products. However, it turns out there is an entire network of people who feel the same way, and are searching for someone who feels the same way. The mission statement on the website really made me smile. Apparently you are supposed to date people with similar interests, so Cupidtino is just saving you some time and narrowing down the candidates. Who could complain about a service like that? 


For those of you who are single and love Apple products, maybe Cupidtino is the website for you. For the same price as a venti Mocha at Starbucks ($4.79) , you could potentially meet your technological-significant other. Why wouldn't you want to date someone who would rather take their computer out to dinner than you?




Cupidtino has covered all the necessary steps to providing a great dating website. Users are able to link their Twitter and Facebook accounts, so your potential mate can get to know you even better. 


In an era where technology and social media are king, Cupidtino is joining the revolution and trying to bring people closer together. Overall, if I was single, I'd say it seems to entertaining to not try. Cheers. 


Cupidtino: Meet an Apple fanboy or girl

3 comments:

  1. First off, I grew up near San Francisco and I find this funny because there's a city called Cupertino in the bay area.
    Anyway, I think the whole idea that "We are both looking for relationships and we both love Apple products" could potentially be a huge ice breaker for people. Well, these 4 guys took that idea and applied it to the concept of social media. Now I don't think that what operation system you prefer will determine who you can and cannot date, but it brings a common bond that will help people interact with each other through a similar interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! Sort of jokingly (sort of not..) I have used "being a PC user" as an excuse to not continue dating someone. This dating service was made for me! Once I'm desperate enough I'm turning to Cupidtino to find my future Mac using husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Absolutely loved reading this post :)
    I think its interesting that online dating has become so popular within only the past 10 years. However, I still feel as if it is for a certain age group. Being 20 and on an online dating site is still a bit tabboo to me. However, I feel as sites like Facebook and Myspace have become somewhat of an online dating site for youth. You post your best pics, realtionship status, and interesting things about you. We are inherently trying to attract others to us.

    Mac users having their own dating world is quite interesting. A step in a new direction.

    ReplyDelete